The Body and Blood of Christ
On the Thursday after the most Holy Trinity is the celebration of the Mystery of the Holy Communion, so placed in line with the Passover where this Body and Blood was first tasted. Now mostly celebrated on the Sunday following Holy Trinity.
There are then, the two most hotly contended Doctrines of the churches, back to back in uncomprehending unity.
- 1.Does it matter whether we understand them?
- 2. Does in matter whether or not we believe them?
- 3 .Are we any the less christian when we answer to the second point – that we do not?
As Followers of the Way we are not followers of the anointed One, or are we?, but of the man Jesus. Yeshua ben Yosef
Perhaps since the Noun Christianity has many meanings, these 2 are the simplest:-
1. a monotheistic system of beliefs and practices based on the Old Testament and the teachings of Jesus as embodied in the New Testament and emphasizing the role of Jesus as savior
2. the collective body of Christians throughout the world and history (found predominantly in Europe and the Americas and Australia) https://www.audioenglish.org/dictionary/christianity.htm#top
Well, what is a well without a bucket? The bucket I offer is the human Jesus, and the well- Number 1 above. So how well or accurately does a human being, Jesus, become filled with this number, to the brim or part of the way full.
I suggest this Jesus, the bucket is some what visible below the top of the well or we could say, goes not down to the depths, neither reaches the fullness of himself for Jesus is but the larger part of “a monotheistic system of beliefs and practices based on the Old Testament and the teachings of Jesus as embodied in the New Testament ” but but partially -therefore does not include in his humanity, as the saviour of the world.He, then is not the Christ because: The Christ refers or infers the following definitions:
· Jesus · (Jesus Christ) · the Redeemer · the Messiah · Our Lord · the Lamb of God · the Son of God · the Son of Man · the Prince of Peace · the King of Kings · Emmanuel. https://www.audioenglish.org/dictionary/christianity.htm#top
Now What of Scripture?
The Shema is often called the “Jewish Profession of Faith,” because it begins with the most basic of Jewish concepts: “Hear 0 Israel, The LORD our God the LORD is One.” Deut. 6:4-9, Deut. 11:13-21, and Num. 15:37-41
Next hearsay coming soon – if I am not struck by lightning